The Australian Hemp Council is a seven-member national peak body made up of a single representative from the local industrial hemp association within each of our nation’s six states and the Northern Territory.
Hemp: Good by Nature!
Australian farmers are within grasp of one of the greatest opportunities in Australian agriculture if our government could relax restrictions on ‘whole of plant’ use. Hemp is an emerging crop that ticks many boxes.
- It’s a crop that can be grown in all parts of Australia.
- It’s a low input crop that benefits the soil structure and biota
- It has rapidly emerging innovative markets for its many applications.
- It is a superior carbon sequestrator
- It is a versatile crop that can be wholly utilised, thus spreading market risk.
If you’re an Australian farmer looking to improve your land and grow a highly sustainable crop or just want to learn how to grow hemp, then follow our newsletter and stay up to date with all current hemp news and updates across Australia.